In response to prevent the spread of a new Omicron variant of SARS-CoV-2, persons arriving from abroad shall be quarantined at a government designated facility for 3 days /72 hours/. Following recommendations shall be followed:
- Persons are subject to rapid and PCR tests at the airport.
- In the event of a “positive” result, person shall be under temporary isolated in the Isolation unit, then shall be transferred to a hospital (NCCD) for treatment.
- In the event of a “negative” result, person shall be transported to a government designated facility by bus or pre-arranged vehicle and shall be quarantined for 3 days /72 hours/.
- Person quarantined at a government designated facility shall be required to re-give PCR test after 48 hours. In the event of “negative” result, person shall be required to follow home quarantine regime for 7 days.
- In case the PCR test result is positive, the NCCD Surveillance team shall transport the person from a government designated facility to the hospital for treatment.
- In case of a close contact of “positive” tested one, person will be contacted about it by NCCD.
- Resident doctors will provide medical services during the quarantine at the government designated facility. If necessary, specialized doctors will do the check up and may transfer to the hospital.
- Person in quarantine at the government designated facility may receive anything except drug, alcohol, cigarette and perishable food products.
- Minors under the age 18, person with disability, elders and person in need of care have to go under the quarantine with guardian at the government designated facility.
- Individual going under the quarantine at the government designated facility has to pay following fee:
- children aged 0-3 years: free of charge;
- children aged 4-12 years: 50,000 MNT;
- individual aged above: 13,000 – 100,000 MNT.
- Transport related cost is 20,000 MNT for each person and has to be paid upon arrival at the quarantine facility.
- If the person has an intention to go under the quarantine at the government designated facility with the additional cost has required pre-booking at the quarantine hotel.
Kempinski Hotel 94000198 Tuushin Hotel 95096012
Ibis 99171559 Novotel 99009098
Ramada 99114060 Holiday Inn 80002249
Corporate Conventional 99111355
- For any complaints and requests related to the government designated quarantine facility, please call 119.
State Emergency Commission